Sunday, April 5, 2015

Challenge #179 - Paper Strips

Hello everyone! Lori here and I am excited to be hosting my first challenge here on the blog this week!

 My challenge for you is to use paper strips on your project. Thin strips or thick strips, a lot of strips or just a few - it's up to you.  We all have lots of paper scraps laying around just begging to be used, so let's put those scraps to use on our projects!
 
Lori
 I stacked my paper strips to create a sort of mat for my photo to sit on.

 Michelle Looi - Tim Holtz paper collection  which I can't bear to part with them, and I made a Christmas card


This challenge was perfect as I recently cleaned out my scrap paper bin. 
I found all these strips/borders/cutoffs, so used them to create this background 
for a page about DGS's 1st school pic.

This challenge allowed me to use up some scraps from a recent kit that I put together.
I used a sketch, like I usually do, as a starting point.

Martha Lucia
For this Challenge I created a card with paper strips of Black and White Designer Paper from Ki Paper Pad and some embellishments that I made using Makin's Clay in two different tones. A CAS model that I love!

Renee

For this challenge, I used several bright strips to make a background patterned paper to highlight the bright colors that I used in my coloring.

Amanda

I love using up scraps so this challenge was perfect!




2 comments:

Meeta Bhalotia said...

Hello Team UYS
I am unable to find the winners for the challenge #172.I have tried to seach through Blog Archives:( Have you announced them as I could find for other challenge.. could you help me out with this. Sorry for the inconvenience.Thank you

Anonymous said...

Thanks for bringing that to our attention Meeta! You're right, we totally missed it! We will have that up tomorrow! :)