Monday, May 9, 2016

Challenge #222 - Use texture or modelling paste

Hello Scrappy Peeps, welcome to my first time of hosting a challenge here are Use Your Stuff. This week's challenge is about one of my favorite products to use on both cards and scrapbooking layouts - texture paste. Texture paste can also be known as modeling paste and it comes in different brands and in different consistencies, most commonly heavy bodied and light paste. Texture paste is great for adding dimension to your layout and can be used on a variety of surfaces. Its very versatile in that you can ink directly over the dried texture paste, add paint to it when wet or paint over the dried paste. I like to apply the texture paste, usually through a stencil with a palette knife but you could use other tools to great more texture and patterns whilst the paste is wet. This week I have a layout that I completed a little while ago using texture paste through a stencil. I then coloured over the dried texture paste with metallic gelatos.

                                       


I hope you will give this weeks challenge a go by using texture paste on your project!


 I used a Tim Holtz Stencil with Matte Texture Paste for my background.


This is a little close up of the texture ....


Here's my card for this challenge. I had NEVER used texture paste before. After applying it with a stencil, I painted it with shimmery watercolours.  











Another fun challenge.  Thanks Sarah for the great inspiration!  This week I made a quick card using a stencil, embossing paste and embossing powder.  I added an extra die-cut bird and some bling from my stash. Stop by my blog for all the details!  I hope you will play along with us this week :)


       I   love adding texture to my pages, and stencils are just so much fun to play with.


I used Texture Paste, Glimmer Mist and Glimmer Glaze to create texture over a canvas decorated with a Decoupage. I have the complete tutorial in my blog if you want to see step by step this.

MIXED MEDIA CANVAS LA VIDA PERFECTA

Renee

For this project, I used a luxe texture paste to create the gold background of my canvas.  This was my first time working with texture paste and I love the results.  It will definitely not be the last.




No comments: