Monday, November 11, 2013

Challenge #109 - Limited supplies

Hello everybody, Isbaha here, and I'm so happy to to share a challenge with you !

Scrapbookers often own lots and lots of supplies, and it might be difficult to choose what to use, not to mention to use it in a different way... And be honest, sometimes, we also find our old supplies boring.
But it's amazing how much most of supplies can be stretched and get a new look !

So here is my challenge this week : use limited supplies.

And then, try to find how you could use them to fit your needs before reaching for something else.
The idea is to use less supplies as usual, so as you'll find new ways for using them.
Of course, this quantity of supplies depends of your scrapbooking style (if you're minimalist or if you love to layer !).


As for me, I decided to use only 3 stamps to make a set of cards : I chose a background stamp with words that I can also use as sentiments, a banner stamp that I found very versatile, and a tree stamp, because I thought it would also make a great lace border !
I used the three stamps on each card, can you find them ?

I didn't use patterned papers but I used embossing folders to add more interest to my cardstocks
(I always forget about using them !).

Edit 11/13/2013 : I have another project to share with you. It's a mini album made with white cardstock and only one sheet of patterned paper (both sides - see it below after I cut it) by Webster's page ! 




Now, what will YOU do ?
Will you choose to use only a limited number of stamps like me ? Will you try to stretch up only a couple of sheets of double side paper ? Will you decide to use only what is on your desk right now ? Will you prefer to "kill up" an old kit ?
I can't wait to see what you will do ! Add your project by clicking on the blue frog below.


I chose to just use a few supplies that were already on my desk, including this candy cane stripe embossing folder that I'd not used in awhile.  I just added a little ribbon, bling and a small sentiment. 


Milena
I used just some cardstock, some letters and a stamp across the bottom of the cover page for our NYC trip album. Can you believe we were there in 2012 and this is the first page I've done for it? I need to get going on that!! It's a very simple page, but I like that about it.


Barb
When I first saw this challenge I didn't know how I was going to do it.  I took the challenge very literally - one sheet of patterned paper - plus the basics such as cardstock.
I used the Simple Stories 24/7 Hexagon paper as my one sheet which gave me several different patterns to work with. I even used the hexagons to make my banners on top.
Other than that, it is just cardstock.


This is a total 360 for me! I am excited by some decisions I have made and the class that is now developing as a result which sits perfectly with Isbaha's Challenge. 
Keeping it CAS to show of my tiny photos in now the aim!


3 comments:

http://blog.timetocreate.com.au/ said...

Thank you Isbaha you have mixed things up for me! Great samples from everyone today too!

Andrea W said...

Thanks for the fun challenge and inspiration!

http://blog.timetocreate.com.au/ said...

Isbaha the colours against the white in your mini album really make them pop!