Monday, September 14, 2015

Challenge #191 - Use Stencils on your project ♥

Hi, it's Majo here.

I follow Karrie to welcome everyone back to Use Your Stuff Challenge Blog!

 I hope you all enjoyed your summer.

I have chosen to use stencils on my project.

Since I know me and also the fact that I tend to cover a lot of my background, I show you what I started with, a canvas on which I used Gelatos and a heart stencil.


I added the birds from Darkroom Door and a sentiment from Crafty Impressions.

I mixed texture paste with distress ink "Wild Honey" and added some dots for more texture. I also randomly stamped with a sentiment stamp all over the canvas.





One of the little birds needed a goggle eye ;)


Have fun crafting, hope to see you here, where I can enjoy your creations ♥



I used the partial stencil to create special designs. I used the Steampunk Clockface de Rebecca Baer Inc. to create the Christmas Trees.

Renee Hagler

My original plan had been to cut a silhouette file stencil out and mist a background on my card.  However, once cut, I realized I really liked the look of the stencil applied directly to my card. The white mat is a smaller version of the file, cut out on my die cut machine and then cut down to serve as a mat for the card,

Here is the layout I created with a stencil background, you can get a better view of the stencil on my blog. I don't use stencils often so this challenge really helped inspire me to get one out and give it a go.

Karrie

I used 3 different stencils with mists and modeling paste + stamps to create my whimsical page.


Amanda

I used a stencil and some chalk ink to create my background. I also traced a star stencil
 for the star cut outs. 




2 comments:

Majo said...

Thank you ladies for joining me. I love all your takes on my theme, so very different and all so beautiful ♥

Andrea W said...

So many fun ways to use stencils! Thanks for the challenge and inspiration.